For Immediate Release:
360-260-8900, ext 145, press@ConnectingThreads.com
Vancouver, WA. Connecting Threads’ new free online community site, “Quilt With Us” launched at www.quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com on December 29th, 2008, and the response has been overwhelming. Over 2500 quilters joined in the first week. Here is a sampling of what those new members are saying:
“Just wanted to add thanks for starting this...I believe it will help a lot of quilters who don't have a connection any where else. Great Idea,” Lil M.
“This is a wonderful addition to the Connecting Threads’ website. It appears that it is comprehensive and should be a delight to be involved with. Look forward to interacting with other quilters, sharing information and providing emotional support as project deadlines draw near and we do not have all the fabrics we need yet!!!” Lynn C.
“I'd like to say thanks too, this site has become my new favorite. I log on every day just to see the new pictures! It's great to see everyone's projects and meet people from all over. I've got my daughter hooked on this now. So thanks again CT!” Kelly R.
As word spread, the number of members has grown to over 5,750 and is still increasing steadily. Connecting Threads Vice-President, Karen Johnson says, “We knew there was a need for this kind of interactive site among quilters, but we had no idea the response would be so strong this quickly. It’s really inspiring to meet so many new quilters from all over the country and hear their stories and see what they’re working on. Most of them had never written a blog post or posted a note in a discussion group until now. It’s a whole new era for quilters!”
Like everything Connecting Threads offers, “Quilt With Us” had to meet the exacting standards of our quilters on staff. The “Quilt With Us” site offers every feature our own quilters could dream up. The brainstorming wasn’t limited to just the photo galleries, forums, and blogs that can be found on other sites, our quilters dream big! The resulting list of features includes:
- Profile pages- Each member gets a page that they can personalize by creating a profile, posting photos or videos, easily starting a blog, and adding applications. Pretty much anything goes!
- Private messages- Members with profiles can become friends with other members and send them private messages, like e-mails.
- A National Calendar of Quilt Shows- Members can submit shows and search the list by locale or date.
- Video and written tutorials
- Free Patterns
- Quilt Alongs- These are groups where quilters are all working on similar projects together, supporting each other along the way.
- Discussion Groups- Any member can start a group, groups now exist for all different cities, states, skill levels, and interests including quilting for charities. These groups can be private or public.
- Book reviews- Both written and audio reviews are offered.
- An open forum
- A photo gallery and individual photo albums
- Downloadable fabric files for Electric Quilt® Software users
- Fun freebies like desktop wallpapers and downloadable quilt labels
- Anyone can view all of the content. You only have to register if you want to actively participate in a conversation, create a blog, post a photo, or contribute in some other way.
To schedule an interview with Karen Johnson, please contact Angela Modzelewski at press@ConnectingThreads.com. To join “Quilt With Us”, register at www.quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com.