What forms of payment do you accept?
All of our transactions are in USD (U.S. dollars) only, since we are based in the United States
Connecting Threads accepts the following major credit cards:
- American Express
We also accept checks and money orders from U.S. residents in U.S. dollars. Please note there is a $15 service charge for returned checks.
Sorry, no C.O.D. or purchase orders.
When will my credit card be charged?
When merchandise is in stock, we request an authorization on your credit card when you place your order. We don't charge your card until your order is shipped. If you have merchandise on backorder, your card will be charged when the backordered items are shipped.
How can I find my security code?
To make your online shopping experience as secure as possible, we require that you type in your credit card's 3- or 4-digit security code when you place an order. To find your credit card's security code:
- Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
Look for the last three numbers in the signature panel on the back of your card.
- American Express
Look for the non-raised 4-digit number just above your embossed account number.
Want to know more about security codes? It's all right here.
What you need to know about using PayPal?
When you choose to use PayPal as your form of payment the following changes will occur to your Knit Picks account:
• The email address you use for PayPal will automatically change your email address on your Knit Picks account. This is to help connect your payment to your order with our company.
• Your PayPal Bill To address will automatically change the Bill To address on your Knit Picks account because this is the billing address listed for the person who is paying for the order.
• Also review the Ship To Address information when you are on the PayPal website because it will automatically change the address your Knit Picks order will be delivered.
• The name listed on the PayPal account will change the name on your Knit Picks account because this is the person who is paying for the order.
Anytime you want us to review your order before we ship it, you can place a note requesting this review in the “Special Handling Instructions” section on the Check Out page. This may delay your order but then you know it will be delivered to the correct address.
Is shopping online with Connecting Threads safe?
Yes. Shopping online with Connecting Threads is safe. Since our website launch in 1990 we have processed millions of credit card orders for thousands of satisfied customers.
Your personal and credit card information is fully encrypted by our Secure Socket Layer technology. For you techies out there, that means that no server other than Connecting Threads' will be able to decode it. Our site is verified as secure and encrypted by Trustwave.
For your protection, we do not allow unsecured transactions. You cannot accidentally place an order through an unsecured connection because if your browser or computer setup does not allow transmission through secure servers, our server will not allow you to connect to us.
Of course, if you are more comfortable shopping by mail or over the phone, that is always an option.