The Emu sewing cabinet is a perfect center island in your craft or sewing room and the Emu rests on locking casters allowing you to move it from the center of your room to any wall. Rotate the cabinet 180-degrees and the Emu features five drawers and four shelves offering plenty of storage for all your sewing notions. When your projects are complete, close the doors, drop the leaves and place the cover over the sewing well and your cabinet will hide and tuck away your projects neatly and securely. The sewing machine platform is height adjustable allowing you to adjust the height based on your sewing machine's measurements. Place the wood cover (included) on top of the sewing machine well and use the top surface with a rotary mat as a cutting surface. The two side leaves provide ample space allowing you to spread out your project.
- Dimensions Closed: 36-1/2" wide x 31" deep (front to back) x 36" tall
- Dimensions Open: 71" wide x 31" deep (front to back) x 36" tall
- Small drawer (4 total): 11-3/4" wide x 7-7/16" deep x 3" tall
- Larger drawer (1 total): 11-3/4" wide x 7-7/16" deep x 8-3/16" tall
- Adjustable Shelf Storage Side: 17" wide x 10-1/2" deep
- Adjustable Shelf Lift Side (2 Total): 4" wide x 9-5/8" deep
- Emu has a 24" wide x 12" deep (front to back) opening for your sewing machine.
- Emu fits sewing machines no larger than: 23-1/2" wide (left to right) 12-1/4" deep (front to back)* 14" tall* *Please be sure your machine is smaller than these dimensions--measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of machine.
- Construction: Melamine/MDF/Composite
- Airlift Platform Weight Limit: 55 lbs
- Custom Machine Insert Available
- Sewing Machines That Do Not Fit Emu: Sewing Machines that are too large and do not fit this cabinet: Baby Lock Destiny Brother Dream V8500D. Sewing Machines that will fit, but have special requirements: Janome 15,000 and Elna 920 eXpressive These machines will fit the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position. These machines are ones that have known fit issues. Please be advised that this list will change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.
The cabinet ships in 5 boxes, weighing 226lbs
Requirements for assembly: standard screwdriver and hammer/mallet. Includes easy-to-follow instructions and toll-free help number (800) 533-7347.
Please Note: This item will be shipped to your home directly from the manufacturer and will arrive in approx. 4-6 weeks. If you are ordering other items they will be shipped by our standard shipping method and should arrive within our normal shipping time. Sorry, no shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or APOs/FPOs. Kangaroo's warranty: 1 year from date of shipment for manufacturer's defects or shipping damage within the first 15 days. Note: We cannot accept returns on Kangaroo Kabinets or inserts.
Item no. 82389