Perfect winter weather calls for mittens to keep fingers warm while you're making snowballs and romping in the snow. Once inside the house again, curl up by the fireplace with some hot cocoa and this quilt to warm up those fingers-and toes and nose. More than a holiday quilt, this design will carry you through the late fall, into the New Year, and beyond.
the key to this quilt is the scrappy use of a variety of black and white prints contrasted with bright fabrics for the mittens. So check your fat-quarter stash, and then add some new ones to mix. Pore over your button jars for an array of colors and dimensions. I gathered many of these buttons on a trip to Europe and thought this was a great way to showcase my souvenirs.
- 14 fat quarters of assorted black prints for blocks and sashing
- 8 fat quarters of assorted white prints for sashing and outer border
- 1 yard total of assorted bright print scraps for mitten appliques
- 5/8 yard of black print for binding
- 3 1/2 yards of fabric for backing
Item no. 15026B