Effective Date: January 30th, 2020
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Social Sharing Features
- Internet Technologies Used
- Children's Privacy
- Links from our Services to Other Websites
- Your Choices
- Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Visitors from outside the United States
- Changes to this Policy
- Contact Us
Collection of Information
We collect information you provide us on servers located in the United States. We collect information when, for example, you create an online account with us, use our website and mobile features (together, “Services”), purchase from us, enter the contests, promotions, events and newsletters we sponsor or otherwise provide us information about yourself. The type of information we collect may include:
- Account information we may collect includes your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, social media username(s), and any information you may share about your interests and preferences.
- Transaction information we may collect includes account information as well as your credit card information and transaction history including free pattern downloads.
- Personal and professional information we may collect related to a job application including resume information, past work history, contact information among other things.
We may also automatically collect information about you when you access or use our Services. Automatically collected data may include log-in information (browser type, access date & time, publisher IP, etc.), device information, as well as your location information if required. For further information regarding these collection practices, please see our “Internet Technologies Used” and “Third Party Advertising, Analytics, and Services” sections below.
Use of Information
The information we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with the Services, personalize them to you and maintain and improve their quality, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest and understand your needs so that we can serve you better. For example, we may use your telephone number, your e-mail or your postal address to communicate about opportunities and programs. If you prefer not to receive Promotional Information from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You can contact us at any time to request an update to your personal information on file or modify our use of it (see Your Choices below).
We store and process information on computer servers located in the United States.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of Connecting Threads and Crafts Group, LLC family. For example:
- We may provide to third party service providers certain information that is necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, if you request shipment for a purchase, we may provide your address to the shipping carrier, and if you pay by a credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed on to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). We may also use service providers to provide services such as hosting the site and providing advertising and marketing services. However, we give vendors, suppliers, and others involved in the commercial distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, such as shipping and/or billing address, e-mail address, telephone number and product orders. Moreover, we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- We may also provide access to data that includes your personal information as an asset in connection with the contemplated or actual financing, securitization, insuring, merger, sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) or other encumbrance, divestiture or disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with the transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to relevant third parties. In the event of any actual transaction involving transfer of ownership or encumbrance, your personal information, among other things, may be transferred as part of the transaction.
- We also may share your information when you specifically ask or authorize us to do so, or when we conclude disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our agreements and policies, and where circumstances otherwise warrant doing so.
Social Sharing Features
We take commercially reasonable measures to secure and store your personal information to protect against its loss, misuse or alteration while under our control. We use industry standard security measures when accepting your credit card information during the online ordering process, as well as whenever we ask you to login to any of our Services. That said, data transmission over the Internet is not 100% secure. Although we use industry standard security measures, we do not guarantee against the loss, misuse or alteration of any information during its delivery or under our control. We thus urge you to always take care how you handle and disclose your personal information over the Internet.
Internet Technologies Used
We are very sensitive to the issue of children’s privacy. Our Services are neither developed for, nor directed at, children under 13 years old. If you believe your child has provided us with personal information, or registered with one of our Services and would like to have this information removed, please contact our privacy representative at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Links from Our Services to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to third-party owned or operated websites. When you access these external websites, the providers of the websites, which may include product or service vendors and other unrelated parties, may have access to certain information about you. Please be aware that once you have left our Services, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites that we do not control directly and the collection, use and disclosure of information about you by these entities will be subject to the privacy policies applicable at those other websites.
Accessing, Updating, or Correcting Your Personal Information. Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records. If you would like to access, update, or correct your personal information in our custody or control, or if you have questions about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, you may do so by emailing email@example.com or otherwise contacting us at the address provided under the “Contact Us” section below. You may also email us at this same address if you wish to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain certain information about you for archival, safety notice and other legal or business purposes.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from Connecting Threads by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting Connecting Threads customer care here. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional (i.e., transactional) emails that, for example, relate to your purchases, your account or our ongoing business relations.
Location Information. You also have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device.
Third Party Advertising, Analytics and Services
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt in to or out of this type of sharing. Connecting Threads is happy to facilitate customer opt outs. To opt out of sharing your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please call Customer Service.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to request, among other things, disclosure of the categories of personal information collected. Connecting Threads shares a list of the categories of personal information it collects, and the purpose for collecting personal information as well as how the information is shared. This information can be accessed here. Connecting Threads does not sell personal information to third parties. If you would like a copy of your specific personal information collected during the prior 12 months or would like your personal information deleted, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While interacting with services provided by Connecting Threads including ConnectingThreads.com, email sent to your inbox from Connecting Threads, interactions with Connecting Threads in social media, or visits to one of our consumer shows, Connecting Threads may collect information about your interactions.
How We Share Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with fulfilling orders and delivering services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data generated by visiting our digital properties. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google's practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ( http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance ( http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, you can use search engines like DuckDuckGo, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required By Law; we may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission. Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have, in the immediately preceding 12-month period, collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug service features or to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with any applicable legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by submitting your request to email@example.com or by calling our toll-free number included in the Contact Us section of the website. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within any 12 consecutive-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of that person.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you in writing of the reason we need more time and the applicable extension period. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. If applicable, our response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer requests unless they are excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that a request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we have made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Visitors from outside the U.S.
Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 87760
Vancouver, WA 98684-7760