Jo-Lydia's Building Blocks Free Quilt Pattern Download
Stitch up a baby quilt in no time with this quick-and-easy design. The Rail Fence block is easy to assemble with strip piecing. Colorful horizontal sashing strips set off the block rows. Use it as a crib quilt, lap quilt, or wall hanging. Select assorted prints of a single color for the center strips in the blocks as shown in the cover quilt, and cut the blocks from strip-pieced units. Directions are also included for center bars cut from two color families or you can make the quilt entirely scrappy, with fabrics, strips, scraps, and pre-cuts from your stash. For larger quilts, make more blocks and adjust the outer border width for a pleasing proportion.
- 2" x 40" strip of 7 assorted blue prints for blocks
- 1 yard light background print for blocks
- 3/4 red print for sashing and inner borders
- 5/8 yard yellow/blue/red print for outer border
- 1/2 yard print for binding
- 1 5/8 yards , plus a 10" x 56" strip* for backing (* Use coordinating fabric leftovers to piece this strip.)
41" x 50".
Item no. 10162D