Top your holiday table with this Starlight quilt for some extra decorating flair. Add a dazzling centerpiece and flickering candles, and you have a great gathering spot in which to share warm cider and cookies with family and friends. With a little adaptation, this festive table topper can be transformed into a tree skirt. You'll see notes through out the project on how to make a tree-skirt version.
I originally made this pattern for my daughter's summer wedding. Instead of a ring of stars, I used white and yellow fabrics to make a ring of daisies. And instead of a wreath in the center, I made a checkerboard. Fabric choices can change just about any holiday project into something that can be used year-round.
- 1 3/8 yards of red print for background
- 5/8 yards of gold print for star points
- 1/3 yard of dark green print for wreath
- 1/3 yard of light green print for wreath
- 1/3 yard of light gold tone-on-tone print for star centers
- 3/8 yard of dark green fabric for table-topper binding (5/8 yard for tree skirt)
- 1 1/4 yards for backing
Item no. 15024B