Here's an easy and versatile project to make in a jiffy. Use your finished banner to show your colors; it's the perfect decorative accent for your home to celebrate Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day--or any other time of the year when you want to show your colors. The pieced section of the block is paper-pieced for accuracy. A full-size foundation template is included as well as step-by-step foundation-paper-piecing directions. You can substitute traditional piecing if you prefer.
So, gather your favorite fabrics and start stitching--your banner will be finished in no time and ready to hang with pride!
- 1/2 yard red print for pieced unit in block, the striped unit, and the inner block borders
- 5/8 yard white print for block piecing, the striped unit, star appliques and middle block borders
- 1/2 yard blue print for block and outer block borders
- 1/2 yard blue-and-white stripe print for binding
- 1-3/8 yards for backing and hanging sleeve
Item no. 10335D